How It Works…
- The Challenge begins on June 1 and is for teens entering grades 6 and up. It ends on August 2nd, with the finale party and prize drawings on Thursday, August 6th.
- Create a profile at http://fplteens.ning.com/. All members must create a new profile, even if you’ve participated in the challenge before.
- On Monday, June 1st, begin to log your activities. Here is how:
- Write a short (less than 200 words) blog post OR post a photo of you completing each activity with a caption on your profile to the earn points for that activity.
- There are weekly drawings for gift cards, autographed books and other prizes!
- The more points you earn, the more chances you get to win one of our fabulous grand prizes!
- Complete all the activities in a given challenge and earn a badge! (This will come in handy during prize time, we promise!)
You have some questions?
Rules, rules rules…What can I win?
Each week of the challenge, we will give away a $50 gift card, drawn at random from anyone who completed a challenge activity the week before. Additionally, for every 2 points you earn doing challenges, you will receive one raffle ticket at our Finale party, which you can then enter for our grand prizes…which we are still picking out. For more information, read on!
Do I have to use my full name to register?
Nope: Just your first name and last initial (or an alias) will work. Just make sure we can figure out who you are if you win!
What are these ‘challenges’ you speak of?
Here! You get to read stuff, watch movies, create stuff, volunteer and attend events. The best way to win points is to do a little of everything. If you successfully complete a category of challenges, you get a badge, which will mean even more ways to win at the end of the game.
I won’t be home this summer. Boo.
Not Boo! Because the Challenge is online, you can play from anywhere you have internet access.
What? I have no idea what some of these activities are…
Go to the challenge website at fplteens.ning.com and look at the Got Questions? tab: Details, instructions and rules for each activity are there. You can also ask and get answers to your other questions you might have there, or by emailing Nicole at firstname.lastname@example.org.
So, basically, just read a lot of books to get points?
Sure. Wait. Not really. Keep in mind that you will want to get as many points as possible so try out some of the other challenges on the list. Remember: most activities (unless noted) count only once. You won’t accumulate points for doing these same activities over and over again.
What books/movies can I read/see?
Check the Challenge website (fplteens.ning.com) or just look at the top of this blog for lists of books and movies. We’ll give you recommendations for each book or movie-related challenge. You can pick your own stuff that fits with each challenge theme, of course, and if you’re not sure if a certain book/film will meet the parameters of the challenge, just ask us!
What events can I go to?
Check our website for our events calendar.
Why do I have to wait until June 1st? I’m ready to play NOW!
We are really happy to hear that. Ah, well…
How do we go from points to prizes?
For every two points you earn, you will receive one raffle ticket at our finale party on 8/6/2015, where we will draw for our prizes. If you can’t attend the party, let us know at least a week in advance and we’ll work something out – there is always a bonus prize just for people who can’t make the finale. We will also have a weekly raffle for gift cards to local and/or online stores, based on who enters challenges into their profile each week.
Ask them at fplteens.ning.com or post a comment here on the blog.